Skip to Content
  • Contact Us
  • Text Size - Metro Government of Allentown (Print logo)

Rentals, Permits & User Fees

All City of Allentown parks, fields and pavilions are available on a first come, first serve basis. However, reservations are strongly encouraged. Reserving a park, field, or pavilion ensures that you are the sole occupant of that facility for the date and time that you request.

City of Allentown sponsored and/or organized programs will be given priority on all reservations. Priority for field rental will be granted to leagues, organizations, clubs and groups with 60% of the participants residing or working within city limits.

If two groups are equal in the above, the group with the longest consecutive use would be given time equal to that of the previously scheduled year. Weekday and weekend use will be divided equally between the groups.

If weather conditions at the park prohibit use of the facility, you must notify the Department of Parks and Recreation office by phone no later than 4:30 PM on the first business day after the reservation day.  We will attempt to reschedule your group at no additional charge during the current season, pending availability.  No refund or credit will be provided. The inclement weather policy does not apply to pavilion rentals.

Any cancellation or schedule change less than seven calendar days prior to the reserved time will not be eligible for a refund, credit or transfer. All cancellations must be submitted in writing.

For additional information contact Allentown's Department of Parks and Recreation at 610.437.7750.


Please note: Pavilions are not equipped with electrical outlets. Amplified music is not permitted within the parks system.

Residents: $75.00
Non-residents: $150.00

Proof of Residency Required to Receive Resident Rates

Useful Information
Metal Detector Permit

You must obtain a Metal Detector Permit from the Department of Parks and Recreation in order to pursue the hobby in City parks. Please bring photo ID for permit application. Call the Department of Parks and Recreation to obtain your permit 610-437-7757.

Shade Tree Permits

A permit is required before pruning, planting, removing, chemical spraying, fertilizing,construction excavation, and temporary lighting. Call the Department of Engineering to obtain your Shade Tree Permit 610-437-7596.

Hamilton Street Permits

If any activities are in the right-of-way of the Hamilton Street, you must obtain a Hamilton Street Permit from the Engineering Department 610-437-7576.

Block Parties

To have a block party, contact the Special Events Manager at 610-841-3506.